System integration, SI, is the latest recommended solution that can help in cutting down the risk of a security breach by a huge margin. It involves clubbing different subsets (IT components) to develop a single stronger network that’s capable of reducing malware penetration. Integrating systems have multiple benefits like;
- Establishing a faster, more secure, and more reliable communication channel between different departments/clients. A faster communication system proves highly beneficial when a company faces a malware scare. When the information travels quickly from employee to employee within no time, all the systems on all isolated networks can be disengaged instantly. It reduces the risk of malware spread; therefore, the damage is on a much lesser scale than it could have been had the entire company suffered an attack.
- System integration allows the cybersecurity team to secure every single system with the best cybersecurity techniques. Besides, if you use tools that cannot integrate with each other, employees face a lot of trouble in completing their tasks. Result? They move towards the tools outside the security perimeter in search of more compatible tools. This increases the risk of malware attack.
Having said that, some important aspects of cybersecurity that must be incorporated to reduce online security concerns are listed below.
- Irrespective of the fact that you adopt abundant cybersecurity techniques, always ensure that the data in the cloud/database is encrypted.
- Use system and network scanning tools and services from time to time in order to eliminate bugs – vulnerabilities that unethical hackers exploit to hack a company.
- Carry out bug bounty programs so that ethical hackers can scan the software you use to find out and patch advanced hidden bugs. It eliminates the risk of a secret data leak.
- Ensure that you have a cyber insurance plan. It is of high relevance especially if you’re a startup or a mid-sized company. Monetary losses can choke any small business with limited funding. Having an insurance plan may help your business survive the losses.
Most Effective Cyber Practices To Reduce The Risk Of Hacking
Talking about the cyber scare, unawareness is the major culprit when it comes to a security breach. Besides, sometimes, companies overlook the importance of cybersecurity. These are the mistakes that should be avoided. The best practices to reduce such risks include the following.
- A strong backdoor password for all IoT devices.
- Using the multi-factor authentication system.
- Installing a firewall and anti-virus and updating all such software tools.